The Friends of the Animal Community relies solely on foster families to help us look after homeless dogs & cats. You can help foster a pet at no cost to you because FOAC will cover the cost of food and vet bills! Please help by welcoming a dog, puppy, cat or kittens into your home and care for them until they are adopted.
Your responsibilities as a foster parent are as follows:
- To provide a good quality dog food and fresh clean water at all times.
- To protect the dog from harm and keep it in a safe environment.
- To not allow the dog to run at large.
- To provide a clean area for elimination.
- To assist with socialization of the dog.
- To assist with behavior training, housebreaking and leash training.
- To be responsible and to treat the dog with love, respect and consideration at all times.
- To observe the dog’s behavior and to relay any problems or causes for concern to a FOAC representative in a timely manner.
Do you have more questions about Fostering an animal? Please contact us!
- Pupp Program *Our phenomenal PUPP Program (Prisoners Uniting People & Puppies) is literally changing INMATES as well as DOGS lives forever.
- Record Breaking!! *** 2018 Adoptions = 545 * Intakes 662 ** by FOAC!!!
- How to Socialize your Adult Dog- Tips
- NEW Spay & Neuter Program-Pending Funds…check back
- The Truth Behind Common Canine Dog Breeds